Senior full-stack developer
Senior full-stack developer
OceanSmarts vision is to eliminate waste in the bulk shipping market. You will have the opportunity to join an organization focused on changing the bulk shipping industry.
OceanSMART software provides customers with the tools and visibility to manage their vessels, cargoes and maritime assets, with total transparency to the hidden cost, inefficiency and waste. OceanSMART delivers the insight and tools required to help cargo owners save time and money throughout the value chain
OceanSMART is a componentised system that through configuration of each customer's specific process, helps eliminate inefficacies and enable better decision making.
OceanSMART customers will be in full control of the evolution of their environment ensuring that their system is constantly aligned with the business requirements.
OceanSMART is a division of Oceaneering. It was acquired in 2018 and has now 60 employees in five different locations: San Diego, Houston, London, Stavanger and Bangalore.
Lead and participate in the design and development of web applications, back-end APIs, data persistence layers, and sophisticated data pipelines responsible for the ingestion and delivery of billions of records. This position has official supervisory responsibilities. This position may be called upon to lead small technical teams,and serve as a lead systems architect for individual projects. The role reports to Manager, Software Development
- Deliver the OceanSMART Roadmap
- Participate in the architectural design of the OceanSMART
- Lead, develop, and maintain cutting edge web applications.
- Contribute to various levels of the stack, including the front-end, middle tier, ingestion/persistence of large amounts of data, and efficient retrieval from the database.
- Lead individual projects and potentially small teams.
- Collaborate with stakeholders and other team members to derive appropriate solutions.
- Solve complex problems.
- Develop and maintain Unit and/or Functional Tests.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent education and experience
- Over 8 years of software development experience
- Over 5 years of web development experience
- At least 5 years experience with Relational and/or NoSQL databases
- Knowledge of the maritime industry a big plus
- Experience with React a big plus
- Experience with GraphQL (particularly the Apollo stack)
- Experience with Node/NPM
- Experience with MongoDB/Mongoose
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines (e.g. Jenkins)
- Experience with Relational databases such as SQL Server and Postgres
- Experience with Azure and/or AWS
- Experience with Git/GitHub
- Experience with Material Design and Material UI
- Experience with map utilities (MapBox, OpenLayers, Leaflet, Google)
- Experience with JS linters (e.g. ESLint)
- Passionate about UI/UX
- Expertise with responsive design
- Experience working within Scrum methodology
- Experience with development lifecycle tools & processes, build systems, branching & merging, and automated testing
- Interest in other frameworks/platforms/runtimes
- Desire/drive to lead new projects
- Strong familiarity with design patterns
- Strong written and oral communications skills (English)
- Strong analytical skills be a problem solver and be able to develop complex algorithms
- Be a team player. Have opinions and listen to others.
- Passionate about software development! Willing to learn and to help others.
- Functional with technologies across most of the application stack including user interface, middle tier, and database systems
- Approaches a complex task or problem by breaking it down into its component parts and considering each part in detail
- Ability to establish and maintain project priorities.
- Ensures that others involved in a project or effort are kept informed about developments and plans
- Keeps manager informed about progress and problems
- Ability to develop and apply creative and innovative solutions to problems.
- Sees the merits of perspectives other than their own
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Builds on strengths and addresses weaknesses
- Pursues self-development on a continual basis
- Ability to effectively represent the department on multi organizational teams as leader, member or facilitator.
Do you find this interesting?
If you want to hear more about the role and solutions, please contact Paula Robles Nettel at +47 921 38 190 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or apply for the position now!